Easy Backpacking Meals – Pesto Pasta
Pesto Pasta Nutritional Profile
|Calories||Fat (g)||Carbohydrates (g)||Protein (g)|
- 8 oz Angel hair pasta
- 1/4 c sun dried tomatoes
- 1 oz pine nuts, walnuts, or almonds
- 3 T dried basil
- 3 T nutritional yeast
- 1 T garlic powder
- 2 T olive oil
- 2 T hemp seeds
- 1/4 c water (hot or cold)
- 1/4 tsp salt
Directions at home:
- Put basil, nutritional yeast, garlic powder, hemp seeds and salt in snack sized Ziploc bag. This will be for your pesto sauce.
- Put olive oil in small bottle.
- Repackage pasta in Ziploc bag.
- Repackage sun dried tomatoes and nut of choice into Ziploc bag
Directions at camp:
- Make your pesto sauce by adding the oil and water to your bag with the basil, nutritional yeast, garlic powder, hemp seeds, and salt. Mix and let sit to allow flavors to blend.
- Cook and drain your pasta.
- Add the pesto sauce to your pasta.
- Add the sun dried tomatoes and nut of choice to your pasta.
- Stir and enjoy.